Domain not found in the webpart config for user 'NT AUTHORITY\IUSR'.

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Hi,

I've added this web part to a SharePoint 2013 server, and it works absolutely fine, unless I tick the box for "Edit Current User only" which is sadly what I need to have set up.

In that case the web part just displays the error:
Domain not found in the webpart config for user 'NT AUTHORITY\IUSR'. Please update it! (Existing domains: DOMAINNETBOISNAME)
It seems like it's not impersonating the current user properly, and it's falling back to an IIS application pool user? Any ideas?
Jul 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Hi again,

This guy on StackOverflow seems to have exactly the same problem with SharePoint 2013 and a very similar sounding web part:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11829438/sharepoint-2013-iis-7-5-impersonation-delegation-double-hop

His fix seems to be changing the method of finding the current user from "System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name; " to:
SPSite site = new SPSite(SPContext.Current.Web.Url.ToString());
SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb("/");
SPUser user = web.CurrentUser;
Any chance this might work with AD User Editor and SharePoint 2013? It looks like it's a great piece of work that'd work great for me, except for this little quirk.
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Hi Carmst,

Thanks for pointing out the problem. However, as this change could potentially impact a lot of users, I have to test it carefully before updating.
It could take some time because I'm working full time on some other projects for now, but I'll keep you informed when it's solved.

Alexis
Nov 22, 2013 at 2:53 PM
AlexisNomine wrote:
Hi Carmst,

Thanks for pointing out the problem. However, as this change could potentially impact a lot of users, I have to test it carefully before updating.
It could take some time because I'm working full time on some other projects for now, but I'll keep you informed when it's solved.

Alexis
I use __carmst__code, and its help for me!
Great!
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM
It should be fixed in the last version 2.1.4: https://nominesptools.codeplex.com/releases/view/107079