0x8007202A error

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:02 AM

Hi I love this webpart but i get this error whenever I click on select:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007202A): The authentication mechanism is unknown. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()

I can't seems to fix this error

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:07 AM

Sorry i found out what's wrong already. All along I keyed in the wrong password.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:16 AM

actually I got another question. I'm not good with programming but, is there a way for us to do logging for this webpart to see who and what changes was being done and at what time?

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 10:27 AM

That would be a good thing. I think it can be acheived trough sharepoint logging service or directly via active directory parameters.

I'm currently busy with other projects, but if someone sends me a bit of code that does it, I would be very pleased to merge it with AD User Editor.

Alexis