Error after selection user or in self-service

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I want to thank you for this webpart and ask how to resolve this error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007203A): The server is not operational. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()

It appears after configuring all DCs and password. I am using this webpart in another domain that is in trusted relationship with mine where is aimed AD.

Thanks a lot for advance.

Mihail

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2009 at 7:59 AM

Hi,

I think you should write the username like "PESSAC\myuser" instead of "myuser" alone, if it's the case:

<domain name='PESSAC' path='LDAP://srvpscinfo/DC=pessac,DC=flamel,DC=com' usr='PESSAC\myuser' pwd='mypassword' />

Could you confirm if it worked?

Regards,

Alexis

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:35 AM

This error appears when config looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><domains><domain name='MYDOMAIN' path='LDAP://mydc.mydomain.com/DC=mydc,DC=mydomain,DC=com' usr='mydomainadmin' pwd='password' /></domains>

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()

And the same error appers if i put this config:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><domains><domain name='MYDOMAIN' path='LDAP://mydc.mydomain.com/DC=mydc,DC=mydomain,DC=com' usr='mydommain\mydomainadmin' pwd='password' /></domains>

System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()

this error appears when config is:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?><domains><domain name='MYDOMAIN' path='LDAP://mydc/DC=mydc,DC=mydomain,DC=com' usr='mydommain\mydomainadmin' pwd='password' /></domains>

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007203A): The server is not operational. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()

Thanks a lot for advance

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Mihail,

I'm sorry that I haven't yet found a solution to your problem. I haven't had sucess on reproducing the issue on my development server.

It may be a problem of thrust between your two AD servers (just a guess)

Sorry about that. You'll be the first to know if I find a path to solve it.

Alexis

Oct 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Thank you and I will wait for your response.

If I will resolve the problem by myself I will contact you too

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I am getting the same kind of error. Not sure if I am configuring things correctly. I have a domain that we can call mydomain.info and a domain server called my-dc and the WINDOWS domain is called MYDOM...do I then configure this as follows?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<domains>

<domain name='MYDOM' path='LDAP://mydomain.info/DC=MY-DC,DC=MYDOMAIN,DC=info' usr='MYDOM\myadmin' pwd='xxxxx' />

</domains>

Is this correctly configured?

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM

is it this error?: (0x8007203A): The server is not operational.

could you copy the entire message please?

Nov 3, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Hi Alexis - thanks for the quick reply!!!Here is the entire error I get....System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007203A): The server is not operational. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindAll(Boolean findMoreThanOne) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher.FindOne() at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.findFromAccountName(String Name) at NomineSharePointTools.ADUserEditor.selectUser()Best regards,Gisli

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hi everyone,

In testing this one, can I ask those who have encoutnered this error if you are using this solution on a single server (including Domain controller services).

Regards,

--==Brebinator==--

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hi

Separate servers for front end, back end, SQL and DC.

Gisli

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:30 PM

two domains in trusted relations. solution in domain1, sql in domain1, and actual ad dc in domain2