AD User Editor is a WebPart for SharePoint 2010 & MOSS 2007 to easily edit any user profile attribute in Active Directory trough an entirely customizable form.
- Nearly Any Active Directory attribute can be edited trough this webpart
- Edit form entirely customizable via XML configuration (nothing "hard-coded")
- 9 field types: Photo (upload & resize), Read-Only, Single TextBox, Multiple TextBox, DropDownList (with preset values), ListBox (with preset values), People Picker, Date Picker, Checkboxes (with preset values, multivalued)
- Multi-domain compatible
- SharePoint form "look & feel"
- 2 edit modes: Self-service or user picker
- Available for Sharepoint 2010 in
multilanguage version (EN, FR, ES, NL, DE)
- Still available for MOSS 2007 in
French (Without photo, checkboxes & multi-textbox fields)
Additional informations and installation manual are available
here (French & English).
Warning: This tool modify data in Active Directory. Be careful setting the user access rights. It has been tested and verified, but I cannot be held responsible for any loss of data - use at your own risk.
Feel free to send any constructive comment to help me making it even better.
- Self service authentication change from "System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name" to "SPContext.Current.Web.CurrentUser.LoginName"
- Fix typo in default german and spanish default configuration causing errors with xml parsing
- German translation, thanks to Danuueel
- Dutch translation, thanks to maarteng
- displayName instead of distinguishedName (CN=xxx,DC=xxx) in read only fields like "manager"
- read only field can now display multiple values
- no more exception trying to display errors (sic)
- message displayed when webpart hasn't yet been configured
- having multiple multitextbox fields is now possible
- image field type (image upload resizing & cropping to 128x128px, jpg only)
- new field types for multivalued attributes: checkboxlist, multi-textbox
- compatibility with SP2010 "claims based authentication" (strips 'i:0#.w|' from the username)
- meaningful error message if required domain missing from xml config (instead of keyNotFoundException)
- auto uppercase domain NetBios name (-> less config errors)
- better "person field" handling ('DOMAIN\username' instead of just 'username' when filling the field)
- edit form now with the current theme style
- Now for SharePoint 2010 !
- Multilingual: English, French and Spanish.
- NEW: "readonly" field type added
- bugfix: no more editing config in personal view
- bugfix: no more need to add empty "values" attribute in xml config
- bugfix: no more "user found" message in self-service mode
- bugfix: solved issue with "person" field type
- now available in Spanish, thanks to Gaston Schab!
I picked a lot of infos and get inspirated by some bits of source code googling the web. My most important sources of inspiration and help were: